Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using a single row table as details in interface

We want to make our BI files re-usable, so that we can just change the database they are looking at and republished. That way when we want to create a workspace with the same visulisations for a new client (with the same types of datasets - in this case the same accounting software), we can just change the database it is looking at and refresh the data.

As part of this, I want to automatically update the client name and logo anywhere in the file (across multiple pages) to reflect this. I figure the best way to do this is have a single row table in the database with the details required, then just have areas on the page the details are shown.

So how can I put the (text) content of a field on this row into say a heading? So the heading would show as something like "This Business - Payments Due" on the payments due page if the text in that field is "This Business".

I also have the image coming in and displaying, but it wants to put a heading above it and the resizing does some weird things. This is because it is expected to be part of a list where there is an image in each result. Instead, I have only one result and just want the image to be shown in various places in the UI. How could this be done?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on my understanding, you put one row record into a Table visual and don't want the column header to be shown in current table, right? Currently, there is no such an option to hide the column header, as a workaround, you could set the font color and background color of column header to be the same as the report page's background color.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on my understanding, you put one row record into a Table visual and don't want the column header to be shown in current table, right? Currently, there is no such an option to hide the column header, as a workaround, you could set the font color and background color of column header to be the same as the report page's background color.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.