Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using a selected value (Row ID) to then display the previous 50 (parameter) Row ID's

Hi there,

Spoiler

I have a table of error logs streaming in within one table.  I want to be able to click on a row within the table vis then drill through to the previous 50 entries (although I'd like to be able to adjust the number of entries within a parameter if possible) in another page.

So far I've tried indexing the column, selecting one (e.g RowID: 100) then creating a SelectedIndexMin (50) and SelectedIndexMax (100) field then created a WithinRange flag field (using an if statement) back into the original "Messages" table.    I was hoping to drill down on the WithinRange field to take those 50 row ids through to another page, so far no good as the WithinRange shows a 1 for everything.

WithinRange = IF(AND(Messages[RowID]<=[SelectedIndexMax]
                                      ,Messages[RowID]>=[SelectedIndexMin])
                           ,0)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris.

1 REPLY 1
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous,

Values in a calculated column are fixed. They are an immutable result for each row in the table.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.