cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
knotpc Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Using a measure to calculate DAYS between TWO DATES in TWO Tables Direct Query Mode.

Hello, 

I am trying to measure OnTimeDelivery using PowerBI in Direct Query Mode connected to Syspro. The date fields are in multiple tables with a One to Many relationships linked to SalesOrder. Below are the basics of the tables fields. 

SorMaster[SalesOrder]

SorMaster[OrderDate]

ArSalesMove[SalesOrder]

ArSalesMove[ShipDate]

The measure code looks like this. 

Days-Ship = DATEDIFF(SorMaster[OrderDate],ArSalesMove[TrnDate],DAY) 

The error is this. 

Capture.PNG

My PowerBi combined table looks like this. 

PowerBiTable.PNG

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? I am new to this. 

Clint

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Using a measure to calculate DAYS between TWO DATES in TWO Tables Direct Query Mode.

Hey @knotpc

you need to provide a single value for the OrderDate or else the measure is not going to know which instance of the OrderDate to use. To get a round this, you can specify FIRSTDATE(SorMaster[OrderDate]) or maybe LASTDATE(SorMaster[OrderDate]). This will filter the OrderDate down to a single value that the measure can digest.

Hope this helps,

Parker

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Using a measure to calculate DAYS between TWO DATES in TWO Tables Direct Query Mode.

Hey @knotpc

you need to provide a single value for the OrderDate or else the measure is not going to know which instance of the OrderDate to use. To get a round this, you can specify FIRSTDATE(SorMaster[OrderDate]) or maybe LASTDATE(SorMaster[OrderDate]). This will filter the OrderDate down to a single value that the measure can digest.

Hope this helps,

Parker

View solution in original post

knotpc Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Parker, 

It took me a bit of Googling, to figure what you proposed as I am a NOOB. But, it worked once I did the following. 

New Measure

Days-Ship = DATEDIFF(
FIRSTDATE(SorMaster[OrderDate]),
FIRSTDATE(ArSalesMove[TrnDate]),
DAY)

Thanks for your help. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Join us in the third Triple A event!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

It’s the start of a new Super User season! Learn all about the new Super Users and brand-new tiered recognition system.

January 2020 Community Highlights

January 2020 Community Highlights

Make sure you didn't miss any of the things that happened in the community in January!

Difinity Conference

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors