Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

D3K
Advocate II
Advocate II

Using a few selections while modelling

Hello everyone!

Will appreciate any help if it's even possible to solve the question

I'm trying to make a model, which will show, how would change the final cost of a dish after changing of the cost of some of it's ingredients.

1. I have a list of dishes (burgers), each of those burgers is consist of some ingredients, sometimes ingredients are unique, sometimes - not. Cost of the burger is calculated as a sum of costs of it's ingredients.

2. Also I have a list, where shown, which and how many ingredients are in particular burger.

3. And one more list of all ingredients with it's cost for 1 piece

The problem is that I need to have an opportunity to change cost for a several ingredients separately at one time. For example, for onion +10%, for bread +3% and so on.

To be able to choose different ingredients I've made a few supported blocks: green, meat, bread, sauce, other. And one supported table of all ingredients together, called "Filter Cost of ingredients". There no relations between them. 

As I see the further process, I need to choose some ingredients in each block and change the cost via What-If parameter. After that need to get changed cost of particular ingredient (cost for which was changed) into the full table of ingredients (step 1 on screenshot). And if ingredient is not selected and cost of it is not changed, so in this column we need to note it's standart cost. So after step 1 we have a table with one column (measure) with changed costs and standart costs.

InkedScreenshot Share_LI.jpg

At step 2 I will compare Fact costs with Model costs. And at step 3 I will collect Fact and Model cost of every burger and will be able to compare it.

So, the main problem is how to achieve step 1 is working. I don't even know is it possible and will be glad to any thoughts and help.

Here is the link to .pbix file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kubatkmky6kh7di/Share_Model_2.pbix?dl=0

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @D3K

you can download the pbix file here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiiWkkwHZChHjx6QGS8z8QHzSMGu

also if you click on the link in my first post you can check online the new report

Did I answer your question correctly? Mark my answer as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!  

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.