Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using a button to change data fields and filters

Hi there,

I am hoping someone can help me with my query. 

I am creating an interactive view where users can chose what story they are seeing from the report, but I want to avoid creating additional tabs to view.

What I would like to do, is use buttons or drop down boxes for the user to chose options from, these then change what values are seen in the tables, what filters are present etc.

As an example - I have a table with two columns, owner and count. I am filtering by the Top 3 owner by count as well.

OwnerCount
Group A1000
Group C800
Group E400

This means the field 'Owner' is in both the table values and filters.

I would like to press a button/chose from drop down, which then show the sum of count grouped by location, rather than owner. Also with the top 3 filter applied but this time for location.

LocationCount
Location A750
Location E600
Location M500

I have tried using bookmarks, but this only saves it at the filter level, not with the data fields in the table itself.

Is this possible to do? 

I'm happy to switch to multiple datacards or other formats - I just need the counts to be easily read alongside the owner/location etc.

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , You should create two separate table, with each top three, overlapping and then use them in bookmarks

bookmark -https://blog.crossjoin.co.uk/2018/04/20/dynamically-changing-a-chart-axis-in-power-bi-using-bookmarks-and-buttons/
https://radacad.com/bookmarks-and-buttons-making-power-bi-charts-even-more-interactive

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.