Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Audi_B
Frequent Visitor

Using Waterfall chart Visualization - Need help with custom column

Hello. I currently have 2 columns being used in the Waterfall Chart visualization.

These 2 columns are: Acct Status and Ledger Balance and then by using the Waterfall chart, it nicely displays the total to the right in a seperate bar.

What I am looking to do, is also add the percentages of the Ledger Balances of each of the two type of Acct Status.

So lets say "Acct Status 1" has ledger balance of $2,000

and "Acct Status 2" has a ledger balance of $3,000

and the total on the right bar shows total ledger balance of: $6,000

So, how can I get the 2 bars for Acct Status to show what percentage of the ledger balance total that they are?

For example, I want Acct Status 1 to show: 33.3%

and Acct Status 2 to show: 50%

and then of course the Total would show 100% and the entire Ledger Balance of $6,000

I've tried several work arounds but can't seem to get this working the way I need it to.

Many thanks in Advance

-B

3 REPLIES 3
klabir
Helper V
Helper V

Hello @Audi_B

Maybe you have a look at the Power BI Ultimate Waterfall Custom Visual. 

It has a lot of clever functionality build in. Like sub totals, Start value and many more.

http://dataviz.boutique/2017/03/22/powerbi-ultimate-waterfall-custom-visual/

Klaus

M8.PNG

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Audi_B,

Firstly, I would like to explain which scenario is suit for using waterfull chart. The waterfall chart shows a running total as values are added or subtracted. For more information, please refer to this article: Tutorial: Waterfall charts in Power BI.

In your scenario, to calculate percentage for each Acct Status, we need to create two measures like below. The calculation of measure is different from the running mechanism of waterfall chart, so we are not able to display percentage values for each Acct Status in a waterfall chart. But we can display those two measures in a card or table.

Measure Acct_Atatus1 = CALCULATE (SUM ([Ledger Balance]), [Acct Status]= "Acct Status 1" )

Measure Acct_Atatus2 = CALCULATE (SUM ([Ledger Balance]), [Acct Status]= "Acct Status 2" )

Simply, you can create a pie chart to display percentage values. Please refer to screenshots below:

q5.PNG

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
achinm45
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Hi,

Create two measures for each of two account types

1) Measure % Acct 1 = Sum(Balance) in Account Type 1/ Cumulative Total.

2) Likewise for Measure % Acct 2

Now pull two card readers and insert these measures in those two respectively.

Place these cards alongside absolute numbers

I hope it helps.

BR,

Achin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.