Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Using Tabular Editor - DAX Studio - Vertipaq

Dear

along with greeting, I wanted to make the following query:

Currently, I work in a public service, where we use Power BI to make basic reports (Volume of requests, monthly distributions, etc.). These reports are pretty straightforward, using the most basic DAX functions out there (I don't think you even use Calculate)

The point is that my boss insists on using tools like Tabular Editor - DAX Studio - Vertipaq. I give you arguments that the current level of service, both in the complexity of the reports that are made and also that no one in the service knows DAX, do not merit the use of more advanced tools.

My question is:

Under what conditions do you think it is necessary to use Tabular and DAX Studio? Vertipaq I know that we can use it to see the performance of the models, see if we remove tables, etc.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Syndicate_Admin , few basic usages

Tabular - Calculation group, perspectives, Object level security, Create a measure

DAX studio - Analyze model size, Find used unused columns, use SQL profiler, Test analyze in excel, Query plan, server time etc.

Depending on the need you can use these. They will be needed sooner or later

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Syndicate_Admin , few basic usages

Tabular - Calculation group, perspectives, Object level security, Create a measure

DAX studio - Analyze model size, Find used unused columns, use SQL profiler, Test analyze in excel, Query plan, server time etc.

Depending on the need you can use these. They will be needed sooner or later

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.