Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mm14222
Helper I
Helper I

Using Slicers to Filters Sales By Channel

Hi I'm creating a Marketing Dashboard that has Data from 5 Different Tables, and need to be able to Create 1 Dashboard that Can :

1. Show the Perforamnce "Leads, Sales, Sales Rate, etc..." for all Channels combined.

2. Use the Slicer to look at each Channels Seperately "Only Leads, and Sales by a specific channel will be available"

I used Count or Sum to calculate the number of leads or Sales.

Booking rate = (Number of Sales / Number of Leads) 

However when i used Slicers to let the dashboard for example be adjusted for Paid Search Lead/Sales only, i noticed it doesnt Change the denominator (Total Number of Leads).

How can i use slicers to update the dashboard for each channel seperately without having to write a seperate measure for each channel/category.

Hope i explained myself wel..

Thanks in advance for your support.

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @mm14222,

In my opinion, I'd like to suggest you use values function on calculate function filter parameter, it can be dynamic changes based on the current row content category. 

Using the DAX Calculate and Values Functions 
If you confused about coding formula, can you please share some dummy data for test?

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@mm14222 , You need to share exact formula and if those formulae use some formula, then you have to share those. In case you use all(Table) somewhere if may cause the issue.  Also if you have turned off edit interaction it will not change.

Ideally, your formula should be

Booking rate =divide (sum(Number of Sales) /sum( Number of Leads)), In case these two are measure already

Booking rate = ([Number of Sales] /[ Number of Leads]) In this we need to know the denominator formula, if it does not respond to filter 

refer

https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/managing-all-functions-in-dax-all-allselected-allnoblankrow-allexcept...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.