Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

teele23

Using Slicer to Exclude Filtered Data

Hi all,

Some background, what I have done in the sample Power BI file is changing the logic of the slicer from an "or" to an "and" (https://medium.com/seismic-data-science/changing-or-to-and-logic-for-power-bi-slicers-1a6b20aee5f5).

In the "Include Conditions" slicer, if I select both the A and B conditions then I will get a count of IDs that have both of those conditions or any other combinations of conditions, in this case, a count of 4 IDs have this. 

Now, in the "Exclude Conditions" slicer, if I select condition C then it will exclude all IDs from the filtered data from the first slicer. So the count will actually be 1 instead of 4 since ID #4 has only conditions A and B. 

"Table" is a dataset of IDs with various conditions

"Table 2" is just a column of unique IDs

Sample Data

1 REPLY 1
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi teele23,

According to your description, I am not clear about your logic, what did you mean of " if I select condition C then it will exclude all IDs from the filtered data from the first slicer"? When you select B in exclude slicer, which result will you get in table? If possible, could you please explain this for me in details.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.