cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PBI_5
Regular Visitor

Using Slicer max date as a if conditional for column

Hi everyone, 

Im having trouble trying to get the max date from my slicer as a variable for the column that i want. currently i have measure to get the selected date. But while using this measure in another table, no value is copied.

PBI_5_0-1669621069375.png

this is the measure maxdate6 i created

PBI_5_1-1669621092366.png

as you can the measure has gotten the value but when i try to copy into a column in a table, nothing comes up

PBI_5_2-1669621285247.png

PBI_5_3-1669621299515.png

Can anyone help with this, any other way is also appriciated.

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PBI_5,

Power bi does not support create dynamic calculated column/table based on filter. They do not work on the same level, and you can't use their child to affect its parent level.

Notice: the data level of power bi(from parent to child level)

Database(external) -> query table(query, custom function, query parameters) -> data model table(table, calculate column/table) -> data view with virtual tables(measure, visual, filter, slicer)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@PBI_5 , You can not use slicer value in a calculated column, you can only use that in a measure

Learn Power BI - Full Course with Dec-2022, with new DAX functions like Window, Index, Offset !!
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos !! Proud to be a Super User! !!
Formatted Profit and Loss Statement with empty lines

Helpful resources

Announcements
Carousel_PBI_Wave1

2023 Release Wave 1 Plans

Power BI release plans for 2023 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2023 through September 2023.

Power BI Summit Carousel 2

Global Power BI Training

Make sure you register today for the Power BI Summit 2023. Don't miss all of the great sessions and speakers!

Thank you 2022 Review

2022 Monthly Feature Releases

We had a great 2022 with a ton of feature releases to help you drive a data culture.