Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jdzubay
Regular Visitor

Using Slicer Feature With Map Feature

I am trying to make a visualization that has wells which are recovering water over time. There is data for each month. I also have the lat and long for each to put into the map feature and display them. I am having trouble integrating the data into the size of the bubble on the map. I have been able to put all the wells lat, long, and total recovery (into the size area). I want to put the full data set into the size so that as I move the slicer it will show how much has been recovered from say 2008-2010 and adjust the size of the bubbles on the map to show which ones have recovered more or less water over time and not just the final total for each. I can create a graph with the slicer and adjust the period on that but want to see the map bubbles adjusted with the slicer as well. Is this possible to do? I will attach a couple photos showing how I have it set up for just one well. Wanted to figure that out first and then integrate the rest of my data and wells.   Power BI 1 (2).pngPower BI 2 (2).pngExcel Data (2).png

1 REPLY 1
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@jdzubay i think it is possible with dax, have to use measure to for bubble size so that it doesn't change it size with filtering.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.