Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NeedInfo
Frequent Visitor

Using SSRS Data Feed as a source for Power BI

Hi all,

I try to import a SSRS report as a data source to Power BI Desktop via the Data Feed / OData functionality. So I open the report in SSRS, export it as a Data Feed, take the URL from the feed and try to use it as OData source in Power BI, but I receive errors. Can you please let me know how the URL should like? Also, what are the steps to be performed for importing a SSRS report OData feed in Power BI?

Cheers

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @NeedInfo,

Nope, power bi not support to import SSRS reports to power bi desktop as datasoruce. Import option only support excel workbooks:

Import Excel workbooks into Power BI Desktop

Current you can only consider to pin SSRS report to power bi dashboard.

How to migrate SSRS reports to Power BI and create new reports?

BTW, even if you succeed get data from SSRS, it only import data tables to power bi desktop instead import SSRS contents and reports.

Regards,

XIaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @NeedInfo,

>>I receive the following error when typing the OData URL into Power BI: Details: "OData: The feed's metadata document appears to be invalid."
AFAIK,power bi desktop not support these files.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @NeedInfo,

Nope, power bi not support to import SSRS reports to power bi desktop as datasoruce. Import option only support excel workbooks:

Import Excel workbooks into Power BI Desktop

Current you can only consider to pin SSRS report to power bi dashboard.

How to migrate SSRS reports to Power BI and create new reports?

BTW, even if you succeed get data from SSRS, it only import data tables to power bi desktop instead import SSRS contents and reports.

Regards,

XIaoxin Sheng

Thank you for your reply! That means that Power BI doesn't support ATOMSVC file? I succeded to connect with Excel, but it's strange that Power BI doesn't support this functionality. I receive the following error when typing the OData URL into Power BI:

Details: "OData: The feed's metadata document appears to be invalid."

Hi @NeedInfo,

>>I receive the following error when typing the OData URL into Power BI: Details: "OData: The feed's metadata document appears to be invalid."
AFAIK,power bi desktop not support these files.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.