Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

akj2784
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Using Plot_ly with R in Power BI Desktop

HI All,

I am trying to use plot_ly with R in Power BI R Visual. The visual works fine  in R studio. But when I run the same code in Power BI Desktop, it does not show chart. 

I am getting the below error.

Error.JPG

Is there any installation required to use the same ? As far as I know Power BI supports Plot_ly.

Regards,

Akash 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
stretcharm
Memorable Member
Memorable Member
8 REPLIES 8
Ajithd
Helper I
Helper I

Hi, this is really embarassing to say the least. Last week the solution seems to work. All the R packaged as instructed in the second link worked. However opening Power BI today I got the same error message. I am not sure is it because cran.usr-project.org website blocked by our IT department.MicrosoftTeams-image.png

I actually sorted this out. I have installed R from this site. https://cran.r-project.org/ (R for windows). This worked.  Probabaly all the above and this final step helped.

stretcharm
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Thanks you. It worked for me too.

Thank you. I have actually followed the steps mentioned in the 1st blog i.e. part 1.

But somehow after all the installation, I am not able to see my sampleRHTMl in the visual at Pwoer BI Desktop.

Never mind. Got the answer. 

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Akash

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Akash @akj2784 

Can you tell me how you have fixed it in the end?

I get the same error message and already followed the steps suggested by , but it did not work out. Since you have solved it, it would be great to tell me how !

Best

I actually don't remember what I did to resolve this. 

But I have faced similar issues in other visuals and looks like your code has to output the result as Chart. It does not support printing the result as table or simply printing the dataframe is not supported.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.