Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Pulkit
Resolver I
Resolver I

Using Measures in Filters

Hi everyone,

I created some measures in my power bi report and now want to enter them in report filters but I am not able to do so. Is it possible to do so? If yes, how? 

Also I am not able to create a join from measure to any column.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Pulkit,

Even if you achive this somehow using measures, you still wont be able to hide data from users who have edit permission in workspace. That is how it is designed.

Prateek Raina

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
prateekraina
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Pulkit,

This is not possible.
Can you explian what you are trying to do so that an alternative can be suggested.

Prateek Raina

Hi @prateekraina

I want to achieve row level security through it without using the roles feature because when I publish my report in a workspace and then workspace is in edit mode then all the users that are the part of the workspace can see all the data and I know that power bi intentionally does it but I want to hide some data according to the users. Thanks

Hi @Pulkit,

Even if you achive this somehow using measures, you still wont be able to hide data from users who have edit permission in workspace. That is how it is designed.

Prateek Raina

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.