Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mhsk
Helper II
Helper II

Using Latest Value on dates where value is blank

I'm struggling to create a measure that shows the latest value of item while there was no date value.

To give an example:

Przechwytywanie.JPG

I am expecting to have a table like this :

Przechwytywanie2.JPG

so while there is no value in fact table I would like to take the latest value under specific item and use it.

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@mhsk ,

So in the table visual you provided, when the [FactTableDate] is blank then take the latest [part] and [Quantity]? So why the 111 and 5 are the latest value in 03.01.2019? Could you clarify the logic?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

it is correct, i'm looking for the latest value (Quantity) while there is no value (FactTableDate) for each of Part 

so for part 111 the 03.01.2019 was empty so i wanted to use latest value for this part and it is 5 ,  for 04.01.2019 it is the same. Once new value is provided lets say 06.01.2019 for value 111 there is new Quantity = 6 i would like to have 6  units under this item ,until new value for this item arise in table.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.