Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pontushaglund
Helper I
Helper I

Using FORMAT destroys table/matrix alignment

I have a "varible" measure that uses SWITCH to decide what measure to show in a table. In the case of YoY% versus VTB I want the result to be percentage rather than Whole number with thousand separator. Using the FORMAT everything gets left-aligned in the matrix (and table) visuals rather than right-aligned (which looks a lot better for numbers).

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,

Pontus

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@pontushaglund wrote:

I have a "varible" measure that uses SWITCH to decide what measure to show in a table. In the case of YoY% versus VTB I want the result to be percentage rather than Whole number with thousand separator. Using the FORMAT everything gets left-aligned in the matrix (and table) visuals rather than right-aligned (which looks a lot better for numbers).

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,

Pontus

@pontushaglund

I think it is all by design. Using FORMAT converts data to text type. text is left-aligned while numbers are right aligned.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
NandyFPS
Frequent Visitor

Using format will convert to text and you may not be aware but you will also not be able to plot the resulting values to any charts. You can use the new Dynamic format type located in measure tools to the same effect, however this will format without converting to text and hence allow plotting to charts!

walnorez
Regular Visitor

Yes, the FORMAT transforms numbers to text format, but you can still align it to the right. 

Go to Format your visual tab >> Specific column >> choose the column where you use FORMAT function and choose alignment that you need (to the right in this example). 

Done

Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@pontushaglund wrote:

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,

Pontus

@pontushaglund

I think it is all by design. Using FORMAT converts data to text type. text is left-aligned while numbers are right aligned.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.