Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

gooranga1
Power Participant
Power Participant

Using Diverging Data colours on a map Visualisation

I am just starting out with Power BI.

I have a map (not filled map) visualisation and I can plot locations on it via lat/long which works ok.  

In the Values field I have the number of events at a location and this determines the size of the bubble. When I add a "Failure Ratio" measure for each location in the Color Saturation field I wanted to be able to colour each bubble depending on how many failed failed events took place at a location.

The measure is a % formatted field and whatever I do I cannot get the colour saturation to work for the bubble, It just stays the same colour as it was set to before I added a field to Color Saturation.

I have switched Diverging to On and set the min/center/max fields with colours and added the values for them but I can't see this on the location bubbles in the map.

Am I missing something with this setting or is it a bug? Can you use a measure defined in powerbi in the Color Saturation field setting?

Thanks for any help!

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi gooranga1,

According to your description, you have created a "Failure Ratio" measure in Power BI data section. I would like to know how do you create this measure, via “New Measure” option or “New Column” option?

Based on my test in my environment, we create a new column named “Failure Ratio” to return failure ratio values, then use this new column to set Color saturation property. Bubble color saturation will be different though Diverging is Off. Please refer to screenshots below:

1. Add new column "Failure Ratio" in Data section.

q1.PNG

2. Design a Map without Color saturation specified.

q3.PNG

3. Design a Map with Color saturation specified.

q2.PNG

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

The only difference I can see from your screen shots is that you are using the same measure for Values and Color Saturation.

In my pbix I am using 1 measure for Values (Total Events) and another measure (Failure Ratio) as the color saturation.

I am just in the process of creating a test pbix file with anonomised data to test this behaviour to send to support if necessary.

Thanks

gooranga1
Power Participant
Power Participant

When I concatenate lat and long and use that in the Location field and remove Latitude and Longitude fields from the selection the Color Saturation works fine.

Is that a known issue? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.