Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RobbLewz
Helper II
Helper II

Using Dax or M in visual advanced filter

Hello,

I want to filter a matrix to only show data from the current fiscal year.  I'm using direct query so could create a view with a YEAR(GETDATE()) Column in SQL and select that in basic mode, or as a calcualted column in power bi but I was wondering if you could just do it via DAX or M directly in the filter as per the below?

image.png

4 REPLIES 4
RobbLewz
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks for the infop, the relative date filter is good to know but unforunatley it doesn't deal with the fiscal year, only last 12 months or calendar year. 

Mariusz
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @RobbLewz 

I suggest you consider adding Relative Date Dimension to your model.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Relative-Date-Dimension/ba-p/779039

Or use Relative date Filters

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/desktop-slicer-filter-date-range

Best Regards,
Mariusz

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution.

Thanks, that's good to know, but that will filter all the visuals on the page then though wont it?

I'm just want to filter one specific matrix to only show the data for the current fiscal year.

Mariusz
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @RobbLewz 

You should be able to achieve this with the second suggestion,  Relative date Filters

Best Regards,
Mariusz

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.