cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Using Dax Studio to Get Both Measures and Colulmns with Table Names

(was not sure where else to post a Dax Studio Question... hoping it will work here)

I am new to Dax Studio, but have been reading and playing around. I would like to better document for reference all my DAX Measures and Calculated Columns, tables, etc (that I created  ..... not Date or others done by Power BI).

I can do this to get a list of all Measures

select * from $SYSTEM.TMSCHEMA_MEASURES

I can do this do get calculated Columns, but it gives me other system generated ones.

select * from $SYSTEM.TMSCHEMA_COLUMNS where [Type]  = 2;

I was playing around with various techniques to get table names not numbers with the columns, but not gotten that to work yet. Ideally I would have one query to get Calculated Columns and Measures, and calculated tables I might have created but not PBI. Return the name, the expression and for the table for the Columns/Measures for where they reside.

I started reviewing this site as a good resource, but still was lost.

https://exceleratorbi.com.au/getting-started-dax-studio/

Originally I figured someone else had already worked through this to grab all their DAX work out of a PBIX file, so surprised I could not find it.

Thanks

Alan

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Using Dax Studio to Get Both Measures and Colulmns with Table Names

Hi @asjones,

I would suggest you post this thread on a more related forum to get DAX studio support.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power BI

See the latest Power BI innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors