Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

claireallen1
Frequent Visitor

Using Data from One Table in Another Table

Hi,

I'm new to Power BI, and I have two table queries, and I want to take a column from one table and enter the data into another table.

I have tried using RELATED but it does not find my table, the table has a relationship, but for some reason and I don't know why I am not able to get the column I need.

Any help would be greatfully received.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@claireallen1,

In this case, I would suggest using Edit Queries to merge the two tables to get Modified column. RELATEDTABLE only works in conjuction with numeric values and aggregation, but since Modified is non-numeric column, you cannot use RELATEDTABLE

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@claireallen1,

Have you tried RELATEDTABLE instead? RELATED is used to get data from the one side of a relationship and RELATEDTABLE is used to get data from the many side of a relationship

@Anonymous

Thank you for coming back to me, I am not again 100% sure on what I need to enter on RELATEDTABLE, I do get a little further with this but I think I may be putting the wrong information into the column

Screen Shot of message

Capture.PNG

Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

@claireallen1,

Can you share a screenshot of your data model? 

@Anonymous

Is this what you require?

I want to use the Column Modified into another data table

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

@claireallen1,

Can you also provide relationship between two tables? It will help decide whether to use RELATED, RELATEDTABLE or something else

@Anonymous

Screen shot of relationship as requested,

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

@claireallen1,

In this case, I would suggest using Edit Queries to merge the two tables to get Modified column. RELATEDTABLE only works in conjuction with numeric values and aggregation, but since Modified is non-numeric column, you cannot use RELATEDTABLE

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.