Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pcav
Helper I
Helper I

Using Conditions when calculating

I'm sure that there is an easy answer to this one but its alluding me presently and if anybody could shed some light I would be eternally grateful.

I have 3 columns in a table, A, B and C, A contains "Y" or "N", B and C contain numerical values

I want to create a single measure that gives me the total of B and C depending on the value in A, so if A = "Y" I want to include the value in B and if A = "N" I want to include the value in C in the calculation.

I can create 2 measures filtering on each of the conditions and add them up in a 3rd measure and I get the right answer but I feel I ought to be able to do this is a single measure but the syntax alludes me. 

Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
alexei7
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi Peter,

See if the below helps you out at all (obviously replacing table and columns names with your own):

Measure = sumx(Table1,if(Table1[A]="Y",(Table1[B]),if(Table1[A]="N",(Table1[C]),0)))

Thanks

Alex 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
alexei7
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi Peter,

See if the below helps you out at all (obviously replacing table and columns names with your own):

Measure = sumx(Table1,if(Table1[A]="Y",(Table1[B]),if(Table1[A]="N",(Table1[C]),0)))

Thanks

Alex 

Alex, works perfectly.  So simple yet I stuggled with that for hours.   Thanks so much for taking your time out to help me.  I really appreciate it

Regards

Peter

alexei7
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Glad i could help! 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.