Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using Card Values to build a calculation

I've built some very extensively filtered Card visuals to display various numbers related to my data, what I'd like to do is take the values displayed in those cards, create a calculation, and build out either another card or some other type of visual to display the result of that calculation.  There is a good thread on this, but they require building out the calculations - which is going to be difficult for me.  And there is a feature request to vote for this.

That said, is there is a way to take an existing set of filters being applied to a value and build a calculation to support that? ie, somewhat automagically 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous why not you can write a measure with the filter in it (used in card visual) and perform the calculationg. If you share what kind of filters are applied on each card, it can be easily achieved using measure.

Read this post to get your answer quickly.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @parry2k,

The field is just a number (corresponds to the number of days a case is open), I then filter that to a specific set of dates that the case was open (3 different cards: visual level relative filters for this year,  advanced for last year, all time), and page level basic filters to exclude Industry categories (in this case just excluding Blanks), customer names (50+ selections here), and case status (just excludes one type of status). 

I was looking for an easy button approach 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors