cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
eritter Member

Using Card Values to build a calculation

I've built some very extensively filtered Card visuals to display various numbers related to my data, what I'd like to do is take the values displayed in those cards, create a calculation, and build out either another card or some other type of visual to display the result of that calculation.  There is a good thread on this, but they require building out the calculations - which is going to be difficult for me.  And there is a feature request to vote for this.

That said, is there is a way to take an existing set of filters being applied to a value and build a calculation to support that? ie, somewhat automagically 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: Using Card Values to build a calculation

@eritter why not you can write a measure with the filter in it (used in card visual) and perform the calculationg. If you share what kind of filters are applied on each card, it can be easily achieved using measure.

Read this post to get your answer quickly.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.

Proud to be a Datanaut! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

eritter Member

Re: Using Card Values to build a calculation

Hi @parry2k,

The field is just a number (corresponds to the number of days a case is open), I then filter that to a specific set of dates that the case was open (3 different cards: visual level relative filters for this year,  advanced for last year, all time), and page level basic filters to exclude Industry categories (in this case just excluding Blanks), customer names (50+ selections here), and case status (just excludes one type of status). 

I was looking for an easy button approach 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

New Badges

Incoming: New and Improved Badges

Exciting news: We've given our badges an overhaul and added brand news ones.

Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Users Online
Currently online: 180 members 2,097 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: