Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Blake

Using Azure Stream Analytics output with Power BI Desktop

Can I use Azure Stream Analytics output (output type = Power BI) with Power BI Desktop and if so how do I get that data?  I'm currently using the Power BI web site and have created some reports as the data shows up there, but I'm not sure how to do so with the desktop version.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
thiagozaiden
Employee
Employee

Hello everyone!

Any news on this matter? It will be great for those creating IoT solutions.

I'm aware there is the power bi output in azure stream analytics, but that's only for power bi web, not the desktop version.

Thanks!

meysun
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Currently you can't open the reports created in the service directly in Power BI Desktop. This is in our backlog with a high priority, so stay tuned.

I'd be happy to create a new report with Power BI desktop, if I could get access to the output from the stream analytics.  Power BI is going to be huge for the IoT folks so we are just licking our chops to get at it.

I'm also very much interested in this new feature (also for building IoT dashboards).

I suppose this new feature gives you the possibility to create Power BI "templates"-.pbi files, from data coming from Stream Analytics, in Power BI Desktop that can be used/distributed in/to the Power BI service (web)?

Thanks.

Hi everyone - as Mey said this is on our radar. If you feel strongly about it please go add your support here: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi/suggestions/6935840-allow-power-bi-designer-to-open...

It'll help us prioritize this work!

Please hit 'Accept as Solution' for this reply so we know the issue is resolved 🙂
Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.