Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using ALL() not working as the documentation suggests

Hey,

based on https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/all-function-dax#return-value I tried to ignore the slicer I use on a page in my report.

I got a date collum which I want to use as Axis in a Visualization. To ignore the slicer I use on the same page for 2 other visualizations, I thought I could create a measure like below to return the collum Date without being affected by the slicer.

unfilteredDate= ALL('Table'[Date])

But I can't drag it in the Axis field nor does it display the collum if I put it in a table visualization.

Any Idea why this isn't working or what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!

3 REPLIES 3
AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous

If I understand correctly what you are attempting to do, just place the column 'Table'[Date] in the chart axis. The axes are not affected by the slicers. What you place in values of the chart will. 

And another thing. You say 'unfiltereddate' is a measure? If so, a measure must return a scalar but ALL('Table'[Date]) is a table. That alone should already throw an error when executed (unless 'Table'[Date] has only one row).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @AlB,

thanks for clarifying that not the axis but the values are affected by slicers.

not affected by date slicernot affected by date sliceraffected by date sliceraffected by date slicer

What do I need to do for my visualization to be not affected by the slicer?

I tried to use all()/allexcept() on the values but my axis is always seems to be cut down to the date slicer as in the picture above.

Measure = CALCULATE(COUNT('Table'[Team]);ALLEXCEPT('Table';'Table'[Date];'Table'[Team]))

Why I tried to use the all() function on date is because I got confused since https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/all-function-dax#return-value says

Return value

The table or column with filters removed.

So I thought I would get the dates without being affected by the slicer.

@Anonymous

I did not explain myself properly. If the slicer is on 'Table'[Date] and you're using that same column in the axis, it ill be affected.What I do not understand is, if you don't want the chart to be affected by the slicer, why are you using the slicer in the first place? Just remove the slicer? I'm a bit confused there.

What are you attempting to do with the measure? What is it supposed to return? And how would you like to show the results in the chart? I cannot help if I don't understand what you are trying to do.

It would be useful to show a sample of your table(s).

If you can, share the pbix. You'd have to share the URL to the file hosted elsewhere: Dropbox, Onedrive... or just upload the file to a site like tinyupload.com (no sign-up required).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.