Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dan27
Regular Visitor

Using 3 dates as values in power BI

Hello

I'm hoping someone can help. Let me set the scene. I'm trying to pull together a line chart for last year. In the data I'm using I have 3 date fields. One called date received. One called date open and one called date closed.

Each of these are dd/mm/yy format. On the X axis I'd like to have the weeknum. I'd like to show the number of each of the aboth for each week.

I've tried quite a few different ways but I always get the same volume for each received, opened and closed which isn't right. I think this might be because I'm using count of?

Can anyone help me get around this.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Dan27,

Can you share a dummy sample please?

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Dale

Thanks for your offer of help. I've uploaded a sample spreadsheet of what I'm trying to do. Columns A-C are what data I have in Power BI. Columns D-F are formulas that I'm unsure how to create in Power BI if I even need to and Columns H-M are also formulas giving me the output I'd like in Power BI if possible.

If you can help me I'll be forever indebted to you!!!!

I've had to create as images. I've done one showing the data and one showing formulas I've used in excel to achieve.

Thanks

Dan

Hi Dan,

If it's convenient for you, please share the pbix file directly. You can upload it to a cloud drive like OneDrive, GoogleDrive and then share the download link here. Please mask your private information first.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.