Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

simonroyjones
Frequent Visitor

Using 2 numeric values at different granularities on the same visualisation

I have a visualisation which is at transaction level and shows all transactions for an account.

I now want to add some additional data in another table which is at account level.

I don't seem to have the option to 'not summarize' the account level data and it tries to aggregate it by sum, count, etc.

Is there any way I can mix the data at different granularity levels?

Thanks

Simon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Frank

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

I have actually resolved the problem but will give some more information in case it helps someone else.

I have 2 tables (below). AccountsData is at transaction level (multiple transactions per account) and AccountsDataSummary is at account level.

AD Tables.png

If I tried to create a visualization that included data from both tables (a table with a list of transactions from AccountsData and a card with OpeningBalance from AccountsDataSummary) I would get a massive number in the card as below:

VizWrong.png

I managed to correct this by editing the relationship between the tables and changing the cross filter direction from single to both.

My visualization now looks like this:

Viz.png

Thanks again for the help.

I hope this is useful.

Simon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @simonroyjones,

How about changing the columns to text type? If it doesn't meet your requirement, kindly share your sample data and excepted result to me. Please upload your files to One Drive and share the link here.

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi Frank

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

I have actually resolved the problem but will give some more information in case it helps someone else.

I have 2 tables (below). AccountsData is at transaction level (multiple transactions per account) and AccountsDataSummary is at account level.

AD Tables.png

If I tried to create a visualization that included data from both tables (a table with a list of transactions from AccountsData and a card with OpeningBalance from AccountsDataSummary) I would get a massive number in the card as below:

VizWrong.png

I managed to correct this by editing the relationship between the tables and changing the cross filter direction from single to both.

My visualization now looks like this:

Viz.png

Thanks again for the help.

I hope this is useful.

Simon

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I'm not clear on what you are asking for. Can you clarify? As in an example perhaps?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors