Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Users cannot export data in published report

Hello all

I have a report with a table where my users where used to be able to export the data from.

Since I reuploaded the report a few days ago, they now cant see the option “export data” in the ellipsis menu. I just changed some names in the report…

The report is published in an app where all my users have access to. It seems that only members of the workspace can export from there. Is there a setting that was added or I have to change, I couldn’t find anything yet.

Best regards

3 REPLIES 3
Olena999

Check if Header Icons on that visual are enabled

Olena999_0-1713360815162.png

A colleague just helped to figure it out 🙂

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

1.In Power BI Desktop. Go to File > Options and Settings > Options ,check if the Export data option is ticked correctly.

6.png

2.In Power BI Service, did the admin enable the Export data option?

5.png

3.To export the data from a visual, you need to have Build permission for the underlying dataset.

4.Custom visuals and R visuals aren't currently supported.

5.Export data isn't available for users outside of your organization who are using a dashboard that an internal user has shared with them.

For more limitation of export data feature, you can refer to :https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-export-data#limitations-and-considerations.

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-xicai 

Thanks for your detailed answer.

For my case #3 were the solution.

I saw my recently created reports all does not have the build permission given to end users, did this change? All of our older reports have this enabled. Is there a settings somewhere so that it automatically enables it?

Best regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.