Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mstefancik
Advocate II
Advocate II

User training guide

Hello,

i am gonna conduct power bi training. I know in KB section there are many files available for usage. But is there any, or has anybody one user guide, which covers all the topics in meaningfull way? To not to miss anything important and provide best of all the features power bi provides.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@rfway This is an online course that is still going on and I imagine you'd be able to catch up on: https://www.edx.org/course/analyzing-visualizing-data-power-bi-microsoft-dat207x

The instructor is a program manager on the Power BI team

---
In Wisconsin? Join the Madison Power BI User Group.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Elena
Advocate I
Advocate I

MindMajix is your software and technology training capital for all advanced software modules. MindMajix is conceptualized and initiated by several multi-disciplinary and ingenious software technocrats having a combined experience of more than 10 yrs in the industry. MindMajix is creating and shaping brilliant minds that are efficient and versatile to scale greater heights in the present technological world. We also offer placements based solely on merit and guarantee a wide span of hands-on training projects with our ongoing developmental processes.

MindMajix aims to:

Help several organizations and establishments develop with specialized expertise in applications and systems software. Enable numerous IT professionals to be fine-tuned with the latest state of the art applications and skills to be more successful at their jobs. Empower mid-sized and small businesses with the latest software skills and utilize software technologies enhance productivity and progress of their business.

Specialties

Power BI Training, Maven Training, Apache Kafka, etc...., corporate trainings on all advanced technologies, Online and Offline training for all technologies, Interview Questions for all Technologies, Course Tutorials, Resume Preparation, Sample Resumes

rfway
Helper I
Helper I

I stand guilty of being part of the problem, as even excel is somewhat new to me, but I, too, find the training material somewhat scattered and disconnected.  A simple video series more linear in nature, with modules broken down in short segments, would be nice.  I dont know about everyone else, but I am here because I think and learn more in visual terms, so it stands to reason that is how I would best learn the new technology.  

I do understand the supporting educational material has to catch up with a rapidly changing and emerging new technology.  I run a small bank, and I do think Microsoft has cracked the code with Power BI.  I am very impressed...

@rfway This is an online course that is still going on and I imagine you'd be able to catch up on: https://www.edx.org/course/analyzing-visualizing-data-power-bi-microsoft-dat207x

The instructor is a program manager on the Power BI team

---
In Wisconsin? Join the Madison Power BI User Group.

Hello, You can follow these steps: 

• Start with basics: Cover core concepts and the Power BI interface.
  • Data modeling: Explain relationships, measures, and calculated columns.
  • Data visualization: Explore chart types and best practices.
  • DAX and Power Query: Go deeper into formulas and data transformations.
  • Publishing and sharing: Teach how to publish, share, and collaborate on reports.
  • Advanced topics: Optional topics like dataflows and custom visuals.
  • Include hands-on exercises and troubleshooting tips.

You can check this article: https://support.powerbi.com/knowledgebase/articles/487029-power-bi-preview-basic-concepts salesforce admin 

Encourage users to stay updated with official documentation and forums for the latest features. Good luck with your training!

Regards

Mis Smith

i watched some of it last night and it is excellent...but while I have spent a tremendous amt of time on the powerbi site, ironically i found a link to it on jennunderwoods blog... I recognized the instructor to be the voice heard in a small handful of videos I found around this website, but this link is far more extensive.  

When I study a new product like powerbi, quiksense, etc, the first place I go to is "support", and go straight to "videos" for how-to's....what is confusing on most websites and youtube channels, is when the how-to videos are simply mixed in with other videos that are more feature-discriptive...

I summary, I would like to see a whole lot more of this kind of instruction, and I would have a more pronounced video section separating out training from product descriptions...and this course is also in modules and linear in nature....thanks for listening...

WillT
Community Admin
Community Admin

Glad you found the videos helpful 🙂 I've become the de facto 'video guy' on the team; I like to think it's not just because of my accent... We are working on making it easier to navigate our support site and find videos/tutorials/whatever, so thank you for the feedback! The edx course is going to be on-going for people to sign up so I think we'll make it prominent on the support site for future newcomers. Thanks again Will
PowerBIGuy
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I havent seen one but heres a good start. 

https://support.powerbi.com/knowledgebase/articles/487029-power-bi-preview-basic-concepts

Business Intelligence Architect / Consultant

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.