Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DVAvinash
Regular Visitor

User selection to import selected version of a same excel file from SharePoint folder

Hi All,

I have a folder in sharepoint which has many versions of an excel file that I use. I am currently importing the latest updated file to my Power BI.

But now instead of selecting the latest updated file I want to select an older version of the excel file. For this I created a parameter which stores the list of all the file names of the various versions present in that folder on the SharePoint and through this parameter I am controlling which file should be imported. 

I am able to do the parameter selection through the edit parameter option on the main screen of Power BI desktop . When ever I make a selection in the parmeter the data refreshes and the selected version of the excel file is imported into the Power BI.

Unfortunately when I publish the Power BI dashboard to the Web I do not get the option to change any parameter.

Because of which the end users who use the webapp when they want to select a different version of the file they are not able to do it. 

Is there anyway in power bi where i can allow the user to provied inputs on which file to be imported?

1 REPLY 1
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@DVAvinash,

There is already an idea, you may leave a comment and vote it up.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.