Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mike12345
Helper I
Helper I

User selection for columns/fields in a table visual

I was wondering if there is a way for users to select the columns/fields that they want to see in a table visual.  Want to develop a report where the user can select the fields that they want to view.  User A may want to see field A, field B, field R and User B may need to see field A, field G, field M, field O, and field T.  Each would use the filter panel to select different criteria.  

I want to have a way that an inexperienced Power BI user can create their own table for their specific needs.  There are so many reports that are similar however each person needs to see differnet columns/fields.  Any way to do this?

1 REPLY 1
mariussve1
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi,

Yes, this can be done with field parameter. Its still in preview, so you have to think about that before putting it in a production environment.

If you decides to use, it field parameters can be used to pick which columns you want the end user to choose. Then this can be putted into a slicer where the end user chooses the columns they want into the table.

Here is a good page explaining field parameter:

https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/fields-parameters-in-power-bi/

Br

Marius

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.