Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

User selected multiple date filters SOS

Hello,

I am trying to create a report which will have two different sets of tables that are filtered by two different dates.  The user must be able to select the two dates they want compared, and the dates will often be at irregular intervals.  I also need a third table which will show the variance between the two tables.  All of the visualizations will be tables.

I've gone through a few different ideas on how to make this happen, but nothing has worked so far.  

Stumped/SOS 

2 REPLIES 2
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

It seems that you have two different tables which contains the date column for each table and your want to create the date slicers with the date column from each table and show the difference between the two selected date from the date slicers?

Which date slicer will you use? List or between slicer? 

If it is convenient, could you share some data sample and your desired output so that we can copy and test to get the solution?

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
sturlaws
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi,

you are providing very little information, which makes it difficult to give precise answers. It would also be helpfull to know which ideas you have already tested. Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Based on the information you have given, I would suggest having 2 date tables, and create 2 measures for the same variable:

sales1=calculate(sum(sales);all(datetable2))

sales2=calculate(sum(sales);all(datetable1))

and add two slicers to the report, one from each date table.

regards,

Sturla

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.