Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

User search/filter with two variables

The user wants to be able to search or filter by 1 field, let's call it description. It will affect one Table visual. The catch is the user wants to search/filter by two user entered strings. Is it possible to use an "OR" clause in a Search slicer? Is it possible to have two slicers for the Description and have them connected somehow so a function such as "OR" behaves between the two? What other options do I have to meet this need?

1 REPLY 1
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

As far as I know, the "AND" is the default behavior. This is also the default for us in daily life. For example, if we see one slicer is the year 2018 and the other one is the month December, we will take the condition as December 2018 by default rather than 2018 or December. 

I would suggest you try another wonderful visual Smart Filter by OKViz. You can search and select multi-selections. 

User-search-filter-with-two-variables

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.