Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

User input to filter data

Hello,

As part of an exercise, I have to simulate an HR case in a consulting firm.
My project consists of 3 tables (the list of employees, the list of skills of the company and the statement of skills of employees at a certain date).
I would like to simulate the answer to a call for tenders, that is to say that the user can choose in the dashboard several skills, the expected minimum level and the weight attributed to this choice (for example 15 %).
Then, filter my table to highlight the profiles of employees that correspond most to the profile requested by the client.
Do you know if this is possible?
Hoping to have been understandable,
thank you in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

From the picture above I see just slicers and a matrix visual.

Each skill you're talking about is the "competence" slicers I guess.

If I got you right, you want to edit your interactions so it doesn't filter the whole page.

You can do that by selecting the visual/slicer > menu bar > Visual tools > Format > Edit Interactions and select which visual to filter and which not to

Let me know if it helps!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it is possible!

First of all you will have to put your tables in a relationship so that for each employee will have the corresponding skill set.

I suppose in one of your tables you have columns with the levels and weight for each employee. You can use them as slicers so the user can select the minimum level and it will filter your table or matrix visual to show the corresponding employee profiles.

If I have answered your question, please don't forget to mark it as anwer.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much @Anonymous 
But the thing is, I'd like someting like this.

forum.PNG

But thr slicers filter all the page and I would like for each skill to have different filters. I don't know how to do. 
Maybe I misunderstood your answer. 
Thanks 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

From the picture above I see just slicers and a matrix visual.

Each skill you're talking about is the "competence" slicers I guess.

If I got you right, you want to edit your interactions so it doesn't filter the whole page.

You can do that by selecting the visual/slicer > menu bar > Visual tools > Format > Edit Interactions and select which visual to filter and which not to

Let me know if it helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.