cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PBNikr Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

User input/slicer using direct query mode

I am trying to find a way to retrieve a user input/choice without using parameters due to direct query mode. No luck so far.

image.png

I would like to have an input field or a dropdown slicer where the user types/selects a number and the report data changes based on that value. Is there any way of doing this?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: User input/slicer using direct query mode

You could just use a regular slicer and pull up the "Search" bar.  Put instructions saying use the search bar.  Once they select/type, it will change.

For actual entry points, I think the only way you can do it is a paramter, via a .pbit file.

Jared

PBNikr Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: User input/slicer using direct query mode

Thanks Jared. I don't know how I would have that data in a slicer since I can't create a separate table with values or use measures in a slicer.

Looks like I will have to use a workaround where the user clicks on a table to retrieve the selected index number. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Join us in the third Triple A event!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

It’s the start of a new Super User season! Learn all about the new Super Users and brand-new tiered recognition system.

January 2020 Community Highlights

January 2020 Community Highlights

Make sure you didn't miss any of the things that happened in the community in January!

Top Solution Authors