Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

User customizable Pivot Table

Hi,

I have a requirement in my Power BI report that I'm struggling with for days now.

My datamodel is quite large with > 20 tables. I would like a matrix where I can count the distinct amount of customers and let the user of the report in his browser dynamically add and remove dimensions as rows and/or columns in where the distinct amount of customers is grouped by the values of these dimensions.

In short: I’m searching for a way to create the Excel Pivot Table functionality J. The goal is that the user of the report can create their own custom made reports in his browser in which the value is always the distinct amount of customers, but the rows and columns in which those amount of customers are grouped can manually be selected.

Simple Example (with only one table)

ID

Office

Active

Color

GR

Yes

Red

GR

Yes

Blue

GR

No

Blue

NO

No

Blue

NO

No

Red

NO

No

Red

ZW

No

Red

ZW

No

Blue

ZW

Yes

Blue

ZW

Yes

Blue

The User can choose the report rows and columns. For example he wishes to see the amount of customers by Color and Office as Rows and Active as a Column. The result should something like this:

Rows

Yes

No

Total

Blue

GR

NO

ZW

Red

GR

NO

ZW

Total

Thanks & Regards,

Tiemen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yingjl @amitchandak 

The new preview feature 'personalize visual experience' is the solution for me. Thank you for your help. 

Regards,

Tiemen

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yingjl @amitchandak 

The new preview feature 'personalize visual experience' is the solution for me. Thank you for your help. 

Regards,

Tiemen

Hi @Anonymous ,

Glad to hear the issue is solved. You can accept your reply as solution, that way, other community members could easily find the answer when they get same issues.

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on your expected output, you can use Matrix visual to achieve it directly:

Matrix.png

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , use all expect

https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/using-allexcept-versus-all-and-values/

This should give you the required data

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @amitchandak ,

Thanks for your reply. Personally I do not the relation between creating a customizable pivot table in Power BI for browser based users and using ALLEXCEPT in DAX. Can you explain how ALLEXCEPT can help me in creating the customizable pivot table?

Regards,

Tiemen

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors