Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rkgundabhat
Helper I
Helper I

User credentials for power Bi embedded in SharePoint

Hello, 

I am embedding power BI reports in SharePoint webpart. I have published powerBi url on external DNS as our SharePoint site is externally accessible with ADFS authentication. 

Power Bi report is configured with Basic Authentication in the Datasource and report works fine. 

When SharePoint site is accessed internally with windows/kerberos, the report launches on the site with no issues

When I open the site from outside (after logging with ADFS) it prompts a login screen and when I enter my credentials, the report opens up. 

I do not want the login screen as userr have logged in to SharePoint already and PBI webpart should open with out login screen. How can I set this up?

Now whe

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

My issue is not multifactor authentication. I need to pass ADFS credentials to Power BI seemlessly. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.