cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jribs
Frequent Visitor

User Selectable Parameters for a Date Range

Hey all,

Is there a way to make User Selectable (Report Level) dates that are passed as parameters to a query?

From an SAP BW, we are using a BEx query as a datsource. That query needs 2 parameters: a start and end date (date interval):

jribs_0-1611163614775.png

Although these parameter variables were set up to be dynamic, but automatically calculated, it is now being asked to make the Start Date and End Date user selectable. I can't wrap my head around how to make a Report level slicer that passes it's value to this parameter. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User III
Super User III

@jribs you can use parameters but these will not be user selectable.

Check my latest blog post Compare Budgeted Scenarios vs. Actuals to get a summary of my favourite Power BI feature releases in 2020

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.

Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
parry2k
Super User III
Super User III

@jribs you can use parameters but these will not be user selectable.

Check my latest blog post Compare Budgeted Scenarios vs. Actuals to get a summary of my favourite Power BI feature releases in 2020

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

View solution in original post

parry2k
Super User III
Super User III

@jribs how are you bringing the data to Power BI, import or direct query?

jribs
Frequent Visitor

@parry2k  Hey there. This is done with import. Direct import won't allow for custom columns.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

March Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the March 2021 Updates!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power BI

See the latest Power BI innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.