Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cristinacraita
Regular Visitor

UseRelationship not returning all rows of data

Hello,

I need your help related to userelashionship in multiple data connection with a Calendar file.

In order to be able to return the value of an indirect relashinip data I use the following formula:

Report file contains tasks with different dates - assigned, in-work, closed 

Report Logged hours contains date of logged hours

All dates are connected to ,'Calendar'[Date] one to many, one way and only date "assigned" relashionship is active.

I need to plot some data against the logged date that no longer has hierarchy due to relashonsip with calendar date.

I created a measure to recreate a date filled of logged hours.

Logged date linked = CALCULATE(
LASTDATE(Report_LoggedHours[Logged Date]),
USERELATIONSHIP(Report_LoggedHours[Logged Date],'Calendar'[Date]))

Measure is not bringing unfortunately all the dates for each row and I cannot understand why.
Made a table to see what is missing and cannot figure out any difference between the rows. First row is task number, second is the measure above, then logged date from logged hours file, then date as used from calendar then assigned date (I was affraind relashinip is not used and that the calculation is using the active relashionship).

Same task with same date logged  can sometimes have results and sometimes not have a result passed by the measure.
New to power bi and I appreciate the help! Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @cristinacraita 

According to you description ,maybe you are just missing a column of index .

You can try to add a index column in the query edit.

Here  is a sample I made:

01.png02.png

URL: https://wicren-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/michael_wicren_onmicrosoft_com/EaUQDUJyrmxEqWfQstZDn...

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @cristinacraita 

According to you description ,maybe you are just missing a column of index .

You can try to add a index column in the query edit.

Here  is a sample I made:

01.png02.png

URL: https://wicren-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/michael_wicren_onmicrosoft_com/EaUQDUJyrmxEqWfQstZDn...

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.