cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mangescom Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Use two related slicers? / Use Measure to filter data?

Hi

Here is what I would like to acomplish:

I have two identical graphs. One displays data for Month 1 (January), the other is the exact same, just diplaying data from the following Month (February). I would like to add a slicer, that changes both charts. So if I change chart 1 to use data of another month (lets say June) the second chart will display data of the following month (July).

My attempt to ahieve this:

I have added two slicers, one for each graphs. Manually I now can set the first Visualisation to display month one and the second one to display another month. I would like to make those slicers related, that the second slicers always equals slicer one + one month. Is there any way to achieve this? Any other ideas?

calendars.PNG

There is the opportunity to use the sliders to display data from this month in Visualisation 1 and data for the next month in Visualisation 2. However I would like to display any two months.

PS: I'm not very experienced with Power BI so please excuse if this is a repetitive question...

3 REPLIES 3
Frequent Visitor

Re: Use two related slicers?

Another way to look at this:
There is the option to filter relative Dates (Show data within next x months).

Is there a way to make this related to the month chosen in another chart, rather than the current one?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

@Mangescom,

Here is an example for your reference.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your reply @v-chuncz-msft!

I am not sure, this is what I am looking for.

Yes, with measures I can pick a date, modify it and display it in a table.

However, how do I use this date to filter within a Chart?

Capture.PNG

I don't really care about the date itself, I just wanna filter all entries within that month.