Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Use the selected row as a filter to the another column on the same table?

Hi,

I have a table with all products and its compononents at my company, for example:

FATHER_PRODUCTSON_COMPONENT
XXXX-1
XXXX-2
XXXX-3
XXXX-4
X-4X-41
X-4X-42
X-4X-43
X-3X-31
X-3X-32
X-3X-33

The FATHER_PRODUCT column has the name of the product and the SON_COMPONENT column has the name of the componentes used on the product, and as you can see in this example there are some components that are also a FATHER_PRODUCT with other components and so on.

What I am trying to do is when I select a row of this table I would like to go to another page and use the SON_COMPONENT selected as the FATHER_PRODUCT... is it possible?

example: suppose user select the row 4, I want to create a button where the user goes to another page with another table as shown:

gusmoers_0-1647535073239.png

I tried several ways, but wasn't able to achieve it yet...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

Steps.
1. Create a copy of the table (Table 2), create the calculation table: Table 2 = Table 1
2. Create a new target page and create a visual with the fields of table 2
3. Drag and drop the fields from the original table (Table 1) into the drill-through section of the target page
4. Create the following measures and filter the items in the filter pane of the target page for measures equal to 1

_selectedSON = 
SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[SON_COMPONENT])
isShow = IF(SELECTEDVALUE('Table 2'[FATHER_PRODUCT])=[_selectedSON],1,0)

Result:

vangzhengmsft_0-1647925298026.png

Please refer to the attachment below for details.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

Steps.
1. Create a copy of the table (Table 2), create the calculation table: Table 2 = Table 1
2. Create a new target page and create a visual with the fields of table 2
3. Drag and drop the fields from the original table (Table 1) into the drill-through section of the target page
4. Create the following measures and filter the items in the filter pane of the target page for measures equal to 1

_selectedSON = 
SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[SON_COMPONENT])
isShow = IF(SELECTEDVALUE('Table 2'[FATHER_PRODUCT])=[_selectedSON],1,0)

Result:

vangzhengmsft_0-1647925298026.png

Please refer to the attachment below for details.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Not directly. Drillthrough does not (yet) allow cloumn transitions. You'd have to use a measure on the drillthrough target page to accomplish some of that.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.