Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Use same filters for two different tables

Hello,

I'm stuck in my report and I need your help.

I have two tables with almost the same columns

- A : One with my current data

- B : One is the history of my data except current data

I already did multiples fomulas with measure to compare my two tables and showing the results with cards. 

However, I have a problem : when I'm using filters, it only filter in one table and not the other one. Let's say my filter is "Continent", when I filter on "Europe" on table A, I want that my cards take only in account the lines with "Europe" in table A and B. Is it possible to connect two filters with the same name? 

I know that I can create an another table with my continents to fix this problem. But I have a lot of filters and I prefer to avoid to create a table for each of my colums.

Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards,

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your help ! I decided to combine the two tables and use a filter New/Old. It works perfectly.

Best regards,

Alex

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your help ! I decided to combine the two tables and use a filter New/Old. It works perfectly.

Best regards,

Alex

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @amitchandak ,

Thank you for your help. I have a lot of filters (date of creation, date of modification, piece, type, owner, team, etc.). Do I need to create a table for each of them? 

Thank you.

Best regards,

Alex

If you wish to have 2 fact tables (current and prior), then the answer is yes.  @amitchandak's suggestion will require a separate bridging table for each dimension.

The alternative that you may want to consider is to Append the current and prior into the same table after adding a column containing the value "Current" and "Prior" on the respective tables.   This would avoid the need for the Bridging tables, but it will requried you to update the DAX measures to something like.

Count of Current = CALCULATE ( COUNTROWS( 'Single Table' ), 'Single Table'[Version] = "Current" )
Count of Prior= CALCULATE ( COUNTROWS( 'Single Table' ), 'Single Table'[Version] = "Prior" )

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , You need to have common dimension table/tables and join them with both

example Continent= distinct(union(distinct(Table1[Continent]),distinct(Table2[Continent])))

Join with both tables and filter using this table 

Then you have measure like = sum(Table1[Value]) + Sum(Table2[Value])

do same for date table 

https://www.seerinteractive.com/blog/join-many-many-power-bi/

Or append these two tables in power query

Append : https://radacad.com/append-vs-merge-in-power-bi-and-power-query

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.