Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Use 'relative' and 'between' date slicer together

Hi

I have a huge dataset importing with direct query from a Azure SQL Database.

I want to give the user the possibility, to see all this data in a table visual. Displaying all the data gives me a ressource error.

My solution would be a slicer on a date column of my dataset which takes the last three days. I managed to implement this. The problem is, from there the user cannot acess to all the data in the dataset over a second Slicer with the same date column in between mode.

How can I give the user acess to all data without showing all the data in the beginning.

left: 'between slicer', right: 'relative slicer'left: 'between slicer', right: 'relative slicer'

5 REPLIES 5
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you mean that you want a table to show a part of data and keep the other visual of report infused by another slicer? We can provide a workaround here:

1. Open Power Query Editor and make a copy table of the origin table (Because you are in Direct Query Mode, So there is no huge memory consume to worry about)

3.PNG3-c.PNG

2. Be sure that there is no relation in the two tables.

4.PNG

3. Then you can set the different slicer for the two tables which have same data.

5.PNG

I am sorry that I cannot put the Pbix here because I use the DirectQuery Mode.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the answers.

I think I have to be more clearly what my goal is.

This is an example dataset

Example of datasetExample of dataset

And this is the slicer and table with the filtering. When the user opens the report he can see always the data in the table from the last 3 days.slicer, table and filterslicer, table and filter

From here the user can't acess to all the data from the dataset, because of the filtering. What needs to be done, that the user can access to all the data in the database?

Hi @Anonymous ,

We can use  the following steps to meet your requirement. 

1. Set the visual-level Filter in this slicer instead of page-level.

29.PNG

2. Open the "Edit Interactions" option, select the slicer, click the Filter icon on the visual you want to infuse.

30.PNG31.PNG

3. Then the right slicer can show the last 3 days and only affect the visual you want to filter. 

32.PNG

BTW, pbix as attached.

Best regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply!

We are getting closer. Your solution works for two seperate tables. In my solution I want to have 1 or 2 slicer and 1 table.

kentyler
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Possibly "last 3 days" tries to access the whole dataset to determine the last 3 days. You could perhaps use a query parameter to return a date that you could use to limit the dataset.

Did this post answer your question? Mark it as a solution so others can find it!

Help when you know. Ask when you don't!