Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

JuanjoMSF
Frequent Visitor

Use previous value that is not blank

Hi there,

I have tthree tables in my model:

Finance_Version with the version and the order of each version:

image.png

Another table with projects information and other with financial information where we extract the total amount of combination of Finance_Version + Project.

If I combine the three tables in one general visualization table I obtain something like that:

image.png

Now I want to have replace the 0,00 and blank values for the last valid value. For example, for project ESBD102, as the last valid value is in F2, I would like for F3 until F11 the value 1.027.373,41 € and in case that we have a new value for F5, then F2, F3, F4 will continue with 1.027.373,41 €  and from F5 to F11 will be populated with the new value in F5.

Is posible to create a meaure or new column with that?

Thanks in advance!

Juanjo

8 REPLIES 8
JuanjoMSF
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Any idea?

Thanks,

Juanjo

@JuanjoMSF  sorry taking longer than expected, struggling a bit but will keep trying..   not a simple problem to solve, if anyone wants to chip in feel free..

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Thanks Vanessa.

Hope someone can help in this issue.

BR,

Juanjo

@JuanjoMSF  hi apologies, ive been away will look at it sometime today

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

measure =
IF ( ISBLANK ( fieldname )0, fieldname )

Hi Vanessa,

Thanks, but it doesn't solve the issue. It just put the value if it is not blank or 0 if it is blank.

image.png

@JuanjoMSF  ah right apologies i understand, are you able to share the file?  or some data?

Hi Vanessa,

Sure, here you have the link to an excel with an example.

The excel has three sheets: finance_version, wbs_element and finance.

The match between the tables is the following one:

Finance_version to Finance --> One to many --> Finance_version.Version_ID = Finance.Version

Wbs_element to Finance --> One to Many --> Wbs_element.ROW_ID = Finance.Wbs_element_WID

Thanks in advance for your help,

Juanjo

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.