Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

shyammayhs
Advocate II
Advocate II

Use pbix model in Paginated Report

Hi guys, I would like to use the same data model (all tables and measures) I have used in a Power BI report in a paginated report. Is this possible? What are my options in creating a pdf version of the report that can be scheduled?

Thanks guys!

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @shyammayhs,

Did amitchandak 's suggestions help with your scenario? if that is the case, you can consider Kudo or accept his suggestions to help others who faced similar requirements.

If these also don't help, please share more detailed information to help us clarify your scenario to test.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft, no the solution provided hasnt helped me out.

HI @shyammayhs,

Perhaps you can take a look at the below links about to connect to the power bi data model and XMLA endpoint features which can be used to integrate with to power bi data models:

Power bi data model instance 

Dataset connectivity and management with the XMLA endpoint in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@shyammayhs , Publish the power bi desktop report , Now this will create a dataset too, You can use that dataset in power bi paginated report

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-report-lifecycle-datasets

paginated report

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/paginated-reports/report-builder-shared-datasets

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.