Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

lucamilanesi
Frequent Visitor

Use parametres slicer on calculated columns

Good morning, everyone,

I would need to create dynamic reports (in order to simulate context changes). To do this I thought to use the parameters that, however, once set, do not allow me to get any output. I try to clarify with a brief example:

• I would like to apply, in value, the discount to the calculated column "Sales price" (calculated because it depends on n parameters that determine the output). The report is already created, with all the necessary visualization so I simply set the parameter and completed the formula of the column calculated "Sales price" (subtraction of the parameter). Moving the parameter I do not get any result, any variation of the column "Sales price". The parameter should be set correctly because creating a new display the measure of the parameter varies according to the value that is inserted.

Isn't it possible to use the parameter as a variable x on one or more calculated columns?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Mariusz
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @lucamilanesi 

Calculated columns are calculated on load, so any changes applied after will not be reflected.

You can use measure instead if you need your calculation to be dynamic.

Many Thanks

Mariusz

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Mariusz
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @lucamilanesi 

Calculated columns are calculated on load, so any changes applied after will not be reflected.

You can use measure instead if you need your calculation to be dynamic.

Many Thanks

Mariusz

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.