Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Use measures with Card browser

Hi,

I work for a retail company and was asked by our category managers to create an assortment planning tool in PBI. I want to visualise our products for our category managers and purchasers using the Card browser and show stats "on the backside" of the card (metadata fields). I re-used an older PBI report where I have plenty of measures already created and added a new table with pictures from our DW. Visualising the products works just fine but I run into problems when I want to add my measures to the backside of the cards. It seems like measures cannot be dragged into the metadata fields. Is that really the case or am I just doing it wrong? 

Best regards,

Erik 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hi, @Anonymous 

You could use it as a workaround, first, use all the products have a url field( which is used for show as images).

Then put them into table or matrix visual. That might not show very well.

And I suggest you use  Card browser to show some of the information and add another visual beside it which is used for the

information of measure.

When you click on one product, the visual will be filtered automatically.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous 

Based on my test, Measure could only be dragged into Card browser in "Sorting Field" Value that used for greater sorting flexibility.

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104381278?tab=Overview

http://blog.pragmaticworks.com/power-bi-custom-visuals-card-browser

Best Regards,

Lin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your answer, @v-lili6-msft 

Yes, it seems like the Sorting field is the only place where measures can be dropped which unfortunately makes this visual useless for my needs. 

Do you or anyone knows a good visual where both pictures and measures can be used? 

Best regards,

Erik 

hi, @Anonymous 

Usually, table visual could be used both pictures and measure which will show all the pictures.

https://visualbi.com/blogs/microsoft/powerbi/dynamically-display-images-power-bi/

Best Regards,

Lin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, @v-lili6-msft 

I don't really understand how to use this in the correct way. 

The goal for me is to make a report where category manager can see all their products (as images) and then click on one and get stats regarding it. Total sales, gross margin, inventory turnover, stock value etc. At first glance the Card browser looked perfect, until i noticed that measures can't be used with it. 

The visual you sent to me doesn't seem to be able to to this. Or am I using it in the wrong way? 

Best regards,

Erik 

hi, @Anonymous 

You could use it as a workaround, first, use all the products have a url field( which is used for show as images).

Then put them into table or matrix visual. That might not show very well.

And I suggest you use  Card browser to show some of the information and add another visual beside it which is used for the

information of measure.

When you click on one product, the visual will be filtered automatically.

Best Regards,

Lin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for a great solution @v-lili6-msft ! I should have been able to figure that one out myself! 🙂 

Best regards,

Erik

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.