Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Nick2
Frequent Visitor

Use local reports in embedded version

Hey Guys,

I got a technical question. My company wants to embed Power BI to a Wordpress side. This seems possible, how is described here:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/embed-power-bi/

Now my question. If we do this, will it be possible to use reports I created in Power BI Desktop on the embedded Version?
And if yes, is there a way to do it without Power BI Service or is there no way around the cloud?

I hope you understand my question and know an answer. Thanks in advance,

Nick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Nick2 ,

Power BI desktop is a tool to shape data and create report which can't provide service like report embedding. As the document said, you should use rest api to achieve report on azure in your third-party app because dataset in power bi service are storaged on azure. In addtion, I'm afraid you can't avoid power bi service because power bi embed is based on power bi service. Steps below are how to embed power bi content in third-party app.

• Make sure you have an Azure Active Directory tenant
  • Create your Power BI Pro account
  • App registration and permissions
  • Create app workspaces
  • Create and upload your reports

Hope it's helpful to you.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Nick2 ,

Power BI desktop is a tool to shape data and create report which can't provide service like report embedding. As the document said, you should use rest api to achieve report on azure in your third-party app because dataset in power bi service are storaged on azure. In addtion, I'm afraid you can't avoid power bi service because power bi embed is based on power bi service. Steps below are how to embed power bi content in third-party app.

• Make sure you have an Azure Active Directory tenant
  • Create your Power BI Pro account
  • App registration and permissions
  • Create app workspaces
  • Create and upload your reports

Hope it's helpful to you.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.