Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Avivek
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Use incremental refresh on No of id's instead of date

I had used incremental refresh on date column previously and am aware how it works. 

I have another model which works on a different concept. Here they have id's which increases every month where new id's are added at the month end every month.

I had given a rangestart as 100 and rangeend as 250, next month if i want it to see only those data's to refresh which are not in the filter between 100-250 then what is the filter I should define while adding it for the is column.

Is there anything different we may need to do in this case and most importantly will it work for id'd like it does for dates.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

When you use incremental refresh the RangeStart / RangeEnd values will always be passed in to your query as datetime values. However if you have a reliable way of converting these into an integer value (such as doing a DATEDIFF in months since a given start date) then you can use an approach like this one https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/incremental-refresh-configure#convert-datetim... to create a function to convert the datetime values into an appropriate integer which should then be folded into the query against your data source.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

When you use incremental refresh the RangeStart / RangeEnd values will always be passed in to your query as datetime values. However if you have a reliable way of converting these into an integer value (such as doing a DATEDIFF in months since a given start date) then you can use an approach like this one https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/incremental-refresh-configure#convert-datetim... to create a function to convert the datetime values into an appropriate integer which should then be folded into the query against your data source.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.