Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shyammayhs
Advocate II
Advocate II

Use filters on a Measure table

Hi,

I have created a table that only holds Measures which uses fields from another table and I want to be able to use filters on the Measures. But it doesnt seem to work at the moment? Do I need to create a join/relationship between the tables?

The reason why I have created a Measure table is so that I can manage the Measures easily as well as be able to create a custom table with the right format... etc show Sold Volume (num) and Sold % after it, in the table. How do I make the filters work with this?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
shyammayhs
Advocate II
Advocate II
7 REPLIES 7
shyammayhs
Advocate II
Advocate II

v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @shyammayhs ,

Do you have ALL() function in your measure? Are you using visual level filter or page level filter?

Please show more information to us.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
shyammayhs
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi @vivran22 

So, I have a table which holds the data.

I have then created another Table that holds just the Measures - for example '=sum(VolumeSold)'.

I have then added these Measures onto the dashboard as a chart. (At this point, the Measure table and the Data table are not joined or have any relationship)

I am now trying to add in Filters from the data table onto the dashboard (Dates etc) but when I select a value from the filter, the Measure I have added to the chart doesnt update.

Hope that helps clear it up.

@shyammayhs 

Can you share a sample file along with expected outcome?

Cheers!
Vivek

Blog: vivran.in/my-blog
Connect on LinkedIn
Follow on Twitter

shyammayhs
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi @vivran22 

So I want to be able to use filters on the Measures (measure table) that I have created - but at the moment, no filters seem to be working with the Measures?

@shyammayhs ,

I still do not understand in what scenarios you will like to filter the measures? Measures return scaler values, and you can only use them in the values segment of a visual (along with tooltips). 
The table created to store the measures are not essentially a regular data table. 

Is it possible for you to demonstrate with an example? Do you mean that you want to use meausres in slicer and then by changing selection different measures, it shows different results on the same visual?

Filter KPIS.gif

Cheers!
Vivek

If it helps, please mark it as a solution. Kudos would be a cherry on the top 🙂
If it doesn't, then please share a sample data along with the expected results (preferably an excel file and not an image)

Connect on LinkedIn
Follow on Twitter

vivran22
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey @shyammayhs 

What do you mean by using filters on the table? Can you demonstarte with an example?

Cheers!
Vivek

Connect on LinkedIn
Follow on Twitter

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.