Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Use different colors for different row levels in a matrix

When using the drill-down feature in a matrix, is there a way that I can use different colors for different row levels? For example, in this matrix, I'd like the State to be light gray, the Year to be dark gray, and have the rows of the lowest level, the Lead, alternate white and green. Is there a way to do that?Coloring Multi-Level Matrix.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. This doesn't help here because I need the entire row highlighted, including the row header, to which I can't apply conditional formatting. But it sounds like that isn't possible in the current edition of Power BI.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on my test, we cannot get the excat same result as you excepted. However we can create a measure and make the filed formatted by the measure to work around.

Measure 2 =
IF (
    ISINSCOPE ( Table1[Year] )
        && ISINSCOPE ( Table1[name] ) = FALSE (),
    "#FF009B",
    IF (
        ISINSCOPE ( Table1[State] )
            && ISINSCOPE ( Table1[Year] ) = FALSE (),
        "#374649",
        "#F0E2FF"
    )
)

Capture.PNG

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. This doesn't help here because I need the entire row highlighted, including the row header, to which I can't apply conditional formatting. But it sounds like that isn't possible in the current edition of Power BI.

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can come up a new idea about that and add your comments there to improve Power BI and make this feature coming sooner.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.